Tuesday, April 10, 2007

5 great views of the city in less than an hour

I took a quick ride today after work, and only had an hour before sunset. So I put my mind on navigator-auto-pilot, and began wandering. Oddly enough, I instinctively went to all of my favorite road views of the city.

1) Head over the Brooklyn Bridge, exit to the right onto Old Fulton Street, ride to the end, and pull into the parking lot for magnificent views of the city

2) Park Ave at 81st Street heading south (at rush hour) for an incredible view of one of the most populated cab routes

3) South Point park on Roosevelt Island

4) E125th St on Randalls-Ward Island, continued to the dirt road that swings down to the south of the island

5) Head through the Holland Tunnel and turn off onto Hudson St in Jersey City for yet another view of the city

No comments: