Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Ear Inn

I've heard so much about it over the past few months, that I just had to check it out for myself. Even though there was rain in the forecast tonight, I headed down to 326 Spring Street (between Greenwich and Washington) - down in Soho (thanks Aerostitch for the address). The easiest way for me to get there was to hop on the FDR, loop down around the island, and then head up 9a until I got off on Spring street. The bar is immediately on the right, before the end of the block.

I've heard that things pick up from 8pm, and usually go to 10pm. However, I arrived a little early, and so I suspect things probably start up around 7pm. (next time around, I'll try to get there a little earlier). I've been told this happens *every* Tuesday, which is incredible - I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I met a very nice couple who ride a Ducati 999. They're apparently regulars, and they mentioned how on good nights, there will be bikes lining the entire block. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

In terms of the types of bikes that showed up, there were lots of BMWs, Ducati's, and cafe racers. I asked around, and it seems this hang out is perfect for my type - lots of customs, odd-ball bikes, and all around non-Japanese makes.

No comments: