Saturday, December 30, 2006

My solution to EZ-pass

I almost forgot to mention my incredible conquest today... I finally found a solution to the EZ-pass dilemma which has plagued me ever since receiving my pass. My solution only required $5 of velcro.

First, I made a velcro strip that could fold onto itself if I wrapped it around the middle bar on my steering assembly. Then, I cut some strips of heavy duty white velco from Home Depot and laid them across the back side of the EZ pass device (the fuzzy side). I took special care not to put anything over the bar code label. Then, I put a piece of velcro on my white helmet, so that you can't even tell it's there. When I drove up to the EZpass stations, I pull the pass off the handlebars, and stick it on my forehead. I drive through, it reads perfectly, and then after I've cleared the traffic, I pull it off my head and put it back on the handlebars. With the exception of the velcro on my helmet, the system is relatively non-intrusive, and works perfectly... no more messing around with gloved hands and trying to pull the pass out of my leather jacket pocket!

No comments: