Sunday, August 26, 2007

My trusty Buell is giving me some troubles

It was really hot today. Like 95 with peaks around 100 or so. Celsius. Just kidding.

I went out on a nice ride with some friends, and noticed a problem - my bike started misfiring when it had run for a while (while = ~2 hours). If I let the bike cool down, I could start it up again and ride for an hour with no problems, but sure enough about an hour and a half or 2 into the ride, it would start sputtering.

This is a horrible experience. My trusty companion is failing on me. I rode it all the way back on the highway from Bear mountain, and on route 87, in the middle of peak traffic, the engine died at idle, leaving me powerless in the middle of traffic - ah!

I took it to the dealership, but since it was Sunday, they couldn't look at it. They were nice enough, though, to let me drop the bike off at the dealership until someone came back on Monday.

This is very, very bad timing given my planned trip coming up in three weeks!

No comments: