Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What bike?

And here I am again, a year after I purchased my Buell, asking the most exciting question known to mankind: what motorcycle will I purchase? (ok, maybe second to "Will you marry me?")

I've spent the entire day browsing, and dreaming about the bike. It's come down to three options:

-BMW
-Ducati
-Japanese liter bike

I've chosen to evaluate my options along four dimensions:

Toughness - will this bike stand up to the rate of about 15,000 miles per year, which is about how much I seem to put on my bike
Handling - is the bike going to stand up in the city? The bike will need to turn on a dime, stop on an oil slick, and accelerate like a pedestrian inline from a cab's hood
Coolness - does the bike give me the thrilling feeling of owning a motorcycle I'm proud of?
Comfort - I need 100% of my attention for safety, so I can't be concerned with knee cramps or a sore butt.

No comments: